AdventHealth Care Management Educator Lead FT Days in Maitland, Florida
Care Management Educator Lead - AdventHealth Trickel Building
Location Address: 900 Winderley Place, Maitland, FL 32751
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Trickel Building
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
- Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization. Support performance improvement activities through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Is supportive of Process Improvement Initiatives by sponsoring and/or participating in the activities. Ensures that practice changes, as a result of performance improvement activities, are implemented. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Supports the planning, organizing, and leading through application of critical thinking skills. Utilizes data driven decision making, incorporating evidence into the decision process.
- Research, development, and implementation of educational materials and training for Care Management. This includes monthly New Hire Care Management training, Care Management Preceptor Program, and system initiatives.
- Audits system care management compliance for Regulatory regulations, documentation standards, and system initiatives.
- Reviews and revises Care Management Policies, SOPs, and Job Descriptions annually, or as needed.
- Identifies resources in the community and coordinates education opportunities for Care Management staff including webinars and continuing education.
What You Will Need:
- Master’s degree in Social Work OR Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Degree (or advanced degree)
- Experience in Case Management, Utilization Management, Transitional Care
- Experience with MicrosoftOffice, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Three (3) years functional healthcare setting
- If RN, Current and valid Florida or Multi-State Department of Health Registered Nursing License
- Master’s degree in Nursing Education, or health care related field (Preferred)
- Experience in education in a healthcare or Care Management setting (Preferred)
- Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) (Preferred)
- Accredited Case Manager, Certified Case Manager, or Board Certification in Case Management (Preferred)
- Familiarity with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Programs (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Cerner NaviHealth; Suncare; Qlikview (Preferred)
- Ability to read, interpret, and strategize future projects (Preferred)
The Care Manager System Educator Lead (CMEL) is a care management professional who supports the Director of System Care Management and/or Senior Manager Operations Optimization - Care Management in development and implementation of education for the CFD-S. CMEL is actively involved in future planning and strategic development for Care Management system needs, to include policy development, program development, and quality improvement. CMEL collaborates with Campus Care Management leadership to identify educational gaps and develop campus specific educational plans. CMEL is responsible for development and delivery of New Hire Care Management training ensuring that the New Care Manager receives the education and tools needed to be successful. Exhibits critical-thinking skills, creativity, and manages resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations and compliance with hospital guidelines. The CMEL trains, mentors and facilitates workflow processes within the care management team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The CMEL ensures Care Management staff receives the education they need to provide quality care to our patients and effective stewardship of scarce resources. Supports change activities and works to ensure implementation of change that may occur.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.