AdventHealth Centralized Scheduler I Orlando PRN Days Orlando in Maitland, Florida
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Performance: Maintains established performance levels as identified by department. Utilizes phone system and maintains service level and abandonment rate goal that is consistent with department goals. Is available to take calls at all times while logged on phone system maintaining a minimum status of inactivity.
- Accuracy: Enters accurate information in required systems. Updates and/or corrects errors or mistakes found in system to expedite patient care. Carefully and courteously handles customer interactions in a way that preserves patient satisfaction for AdventHealth. Reports errors and mistakes found in system to direct supervisor to promote education, coaching, and training opportunities of others.
- Compliance: Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards. Uses discretion when discussing patient-related issues that are confidential in nature and acts accordingly.
- Efficiency: Schedules patients efficiently and strives to fill customer requests on first call. Obtains necessary scheduling, demographic, insurance, and clinical information to schedule, cancel, or reschedule events by calling the physician office, department, or a scheduling supervisor with a minimum of call transfers or callbacks. Uses judgment in ending call before completion and calls customer back at an agreed upon time if an additional call is required to complete the customer's request. Uses time wisely and avoids unnecessary or repetitive tasks that may impact department goals. Completes data entry for patient charges in a timely and accurate manner. Follows up with appropriate staff to complete any missing information on the patient care record.
- The following duties also apply to cost center 0420:
- Answers all incoming phone calls for the Imaging Department
- Burns CDs and prints films of patient exams
- Customer Service: Delivers excellent customer service through utilizing a pleasant tone of voice along with a friendly and helpful attitude, while keeping conversation focused on the customer. Handles calls promptly and efficiently. Builds customer loyalty through exceptional listening, relationship building, and strong written and verbal communication. Researches options in order to accommodate best time and location for patient, as well as acceptance of insurance. May call physician office or department to obtain information necessary to schedule events. Attempts to resolve customer issues before escalating calls to direct supervisor, or as directed. Communicates with clinical staff/management regarding questions on procedure booking. Notifies Specialty Coordinators of cases with specific needs.
- Skills Development: Maintains skill level and knowledge by reading scheduling updates, attending training sessions, and completing study materials provided by the department. Participates in customer service workshops and seminars. Completes customer service exercises and lessons as recommended and/or provided by direct supervisor and/or department management/leadership. Completes department-specific competencies with a score that meets department standards and expectations.
- Teamwork: Is respectful of co-workers and offers assistance as needed to help others complete assigned tasks. Participates in activities that promote camaraderie and a friendly workplace. Attends regularly scheduled department meetings and other AdventHealth events as required. Readily voices concerns and problems to direct supervisor and/or department management/leadership.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Ability to discuss patient-related issues that are confidential in nature and act accordingly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Creative problem-solving skills and eager to find customized patient-centric solutions
- Computer skills in a Windows environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.