All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
The community you’ll be caring for:
Maitland : 901 N. Lake Destine Rd., Maitland, FL 32751
The role you’ll contribute:
The Clinical Risk Manager (CRM) is responsible for managing the risk management program for the assigned areas. This position is responsible for working in collaboration with the clinical team to ensure adherence to all federal regulations and hospital policies. The CRM or their designee will systematically investigate all clinical incidents/accidents/events that could lead to patient harm and/or financial loss and ensures all risk management activities, including the internal event report system and patient grievance process are in compliance with FL State Statute 395.0197. The CRM identifies areas of risk and facilitates risk mitigation/safety strategies including the Root Cause Analysis and Response process as well as regulatory surveys. The CRM identifies potential compensatory events and works collaboratively with claims management coordinators to mitigate litigation. The CRM is responsible for integrating the risk management program into the quality and safety activities of assigned areas
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Registered Nurse, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Respiratory Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Radiology Technologist, Ultrasound Technician, Physician Assistant, Paramedic, Pharmacist, and three to five years clinical experience in a healthcare-related field,
· Three to five years experience in risk management or claims field
· Experience in process improvement/patient safety/clinical risk management/quality activities
· Bachelor’s degree in health care related field
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical, critical-thinking, oral and written communication skills
· Understanding of medical terminology and technology, medical procedures/treatments, their usual risks, and expected outcomes
· Understanding of conflict resolution
· Basic knowledge of federal legislation and state statutes relevant to Risk Management and patient safety activities
· Ability to prioritize a diverse workload and possess the ability to work under pressure and deadlines
· Ability to facilitate and/or manage process improvement projects as assigned
· Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple teams
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Active Florida license as a Registered Nurse, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Respiratory Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Radiology Technologist, Ultrasound Technician, Physician Assistant, Paramedic, or Pharmacist
· CPHRM or CPPS certification
· Experience in claims management/litigation prevention and healthcare risk management process preferred
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Develop, manage, and administer facility-wide systems for risk identification, investigation, and reduction. Assess operational and clinical risk across the assigned areas based on knowledge of national and state regulatory and accreditation standards and/or licensing requirements. Assess, develop, implement, and maintain educational risk management programs for allpersonnel, leaders, and Executive Team on identified issues and any other related activities as statutorily required.
Maintain working knowledge of CMS, DNV, AHCA, or other state. national and/or federal standards such as required reporting of quality of care issues, Sentinel Events, corporate compliance related issues and any other requirements that directly impact the continued operation of the facility/entity. Ensures compliance with patient safety and risk management related standards by DNV and other accrediting and regulatory entities and participates in the clinical quality and safety efforts of the facility.
Responsible for the management of the internal event report system for assigned area, in compliance with Florida Statute 395.0197 including identification and reporting of adverse events.
Identify, investigate, and report on Sentinel Events and facilitate the Root Cause Analysis & Action process. Participate directly in the facility process for Disclosure of Unanticipated Outcomes.
Responsible for integrating the risk management program with the quality and safety activities of the assigned areas.
Serves as a resource to hospital administration, other employees, and physicians on Risk Management/legal/ethical issues, including off-hour and holiday coverage as needed
Monitors, analyzes, and reports aggregated event report data to the Risk Management Director and hospital leaders, with a focus on risk exposures for trends or patterns.
Manages regulatory surveys as they pertain to complaints against AdventHealth as well as Risk Management Program Surveys
Investigates and reports to the Risk Management Director and to claims management any occurrence which has the potential to give rise to a claim
Manages the formal Patient Grievance process per CMS guidelines for the assigned facility
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Risk Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24001517
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $37.32 - $55.97
Location: Maitland, FL
Job ID: 24001517
Job Family: Risk Management
Shift: 1 - Day