AdventHealth Coder Emergency Department in Maitland, Florida
Emergency Department Coder AdventHealth
- Full Time - Monday thru Friday: 8:30 am - 5:30
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets clinical documentation in the emergency room medical record applying ICD9 and CPT codes in accordance with ICD9 and CPT coding conventions, AH coding policy & procedures, requirements of Medicare and other payer specifications and official coding guidelines as outlined by governing bodies.
- Assigns correct ASC/APC modifiers to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Assigns correct revenue codes for all CPT codes, when applicable.
- Resolves edit accounts, re-classed accounts, and late charges and notifying Manager of accounts which cannot be resolved in a timely manner through normal coding encounters.
- Ensures all clinical tests performed meet medical necessity according to local and national policies.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- At least 2 years experience in outpatient coding
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Successful completion of a coding education program
- Hospital ED coding experience
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- RHIA, RHIT and/or CCS credentials
The Emergency Department Coder is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting clinical documentation contained in the medical record applying appropriate ICD9 and CPT codes conventions and requirements of Medicare Prospective Payment System. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.