AdventHealth Corporate Coding Manager in Maitland, Florida
Corporate Coding Manager AdventHealth Corporate
Location Address: 900 Hope Way Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Participates in hiring and training an effective Corporate Coding Team.
- Supervise on-site and remote coding staff.
- Performs annual employee evaluations.
- Serves as primary contact to AHS HIM Directors for submitting work requesting, arranging coverage, providing pricing and preparing work proposals.
- Develops and coordinates educational and training sessions on topics related to coding. Maintains attendance roster and saves training materials to the Corporate HIM ARC webpage.
- Routinely reviews official coding resources to stay abreast of coding changes. Communicates changes to coding staff. Prepares and distributes training materials to facilitate understanding.
- Conducts on-site, on-line and videoconferencing classes as needed.
- Conducts evaluations immediately after training and makes updates to training curriculum based on comments/feedback.
- Conducts credible research as needed to ensure educational material contains current, relevant, reliable and factual detail.
- Performs coding and abstracting functions as required to meet deadlines.
- Collaborates with the Corporate HIM Management Team to develop HIM educational initiatives and deliver progress reports of educational outcomes.
- Provide training to outsourced coding vendors.
- Estimates time to complete tasks and regularly tracks actual time against estimates.
- Provides the HIM Directors with written status reports, issues and overall status of the projects assigned.
- Leads and participates in special projects.
- Provides AHS Facilities with coding management consultant services.
- Conducts site visits to AHS Facilities to provide training or coding support.
- Participates in the design, implementation and maintenance of coding applications.
- Perform coding accuracy audits, prepares reports to include data reviews, detailed observations and suggested recommendations.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors in Health Information Management
- Associate in Health Information Management
- 2 or more years of inpatient/outpatient coding experience.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft software, Power Point, Visio, electronic medical record applications, coding software.
- RHIA, RHIT
- Substantial knowledge of HIM workflows, outpatient and inpatient coding process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Coding Management.
The Corporate Health Information Management Services Coding Manager is responsible for providing supervision, training and coordination of the coding and abstracting functions at the Corporate Health Information Management Services Department. Conducts coding accuracy and compliance audit for the Corporate HIM Coders and Facility Coders. Perform DRG and APC validation audits and research coding questions submitted by the AHS coders.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: AdventHealth Corporate
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.