AdventHealth Lab Assistant II OP Lab FT Day in Maitland, Florida
Laboratory Assistant II AdventHealth Centra Care
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Full Time Day Shift
- Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; blood specimen collection to include phlebotomy and skin puncture for all age groups; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; and other pre-analytical activities.
- Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing as needed to support assigned department.
- Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines and supports education to clinical staff.
- Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities, including evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods.
- 1 Year Phlebotomy Lab Experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Blood Collection Program, Medical Assistant Program, or similar training program appropriate to anticipated department assignment
- OR 1-year experience in hospital laboratory setting appropriate to department work assigned.
- Minimum typing skills of 30 wpm
The Laboratory Assistant II performs various laboratory support procedures in assigned areas which may include phlebotomy and/or specimen processing in clinical and anatomical pathology areas. In addition to having work at AdventHealth for at least six months, he/she must meet the required basic continuing education and department specific requirements. Work customarily involves practical knowledge in various laboratory procedure and support functions. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectfully to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.