AdventHealth Lab System Support Manager - FT/Days in Maitland, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Lab Systems Support Manager- AdventHealth Maitland
Location Address: 901 NORTH LAKE DESTINY ROAD, Maitland FL 32751
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Maitland
- The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources.
- The Trickle Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel.
- The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment..
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time/Days
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees quality assurance and safety programs, including but not limited to test utilization reviews; clinical intervention documentation audits; and clinical outcome assessments, to maintain optimal clinical laboratory services and identify opportunities for growth.
- Proactively uses data analysis techniques to track, monitor, and communicate the operational, clinical quality, safety and financial outcomes of assigned areas and to benchmark performance against internal targets and against local and national best practices.
- Oversight of all accreditation requirements of College of American Pathologists (CAP), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), DNV or other accreditation entities for all laboratories.
- Facilitates compliance of all Central Florida Market Laboratory departments with all healthcare regulatory requirements and applicable state and federal laws. Coordinate departmental preparedness activities and response to regulatory surveys/audits.
- Develops and implement cost containment strategies through test formulary management.
- Provides guidance for the integration of clinical laboratory services and operations for the Central Florida Market Laboratory Service line.
- Oversees the safety and educational programs of the Department of Laboratory Services, including in-service training and staff development to the laboratory testing and support staff.
- Maintains a sustained record of contribution to the total body of knowledge in laboratory practice through internal/external presentations, publications, formal review for a peer-reviewed medical or laboratory journal, and/or professional organization service.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning for the department, including prioritization of initiatives, long-term practice model developments, and internal organizational and communication models.
- Maintains productive, collaborative relationships with medical staff members, other hospital departments and strategic business unit leaders to promote cooperation and efficiency in providing patient's laboratory care needs.
- Effectively collaborate with other hospital departments to promote cooperation and efficiency in laboratory services.
- Creates, updates, maintains and is responsible for 3,000 tests policies and procedures; ensuring adherence to institution’s document control standards.
- Follows and enforces appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Enforces and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
- Assumes, when assigned in the absence of the Laboratory Program Director of Policy & Quality, all delegations and responsibilities and perform in such a manner to ensure program continuity and overall functionality of the Department of Laboratory Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the Laboratory Service Line.
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to all levels of staff
- Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, Quality Management Software (MasterControl)
- Knowledge of statistical software and graphical displays
- Ability to build and maintain effective, productive and cohesive teams, manage change, and influence people or a process to bring about improvements to meet organizational objectives.
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and/or accreditation standards, pertaining to the operation of the specific Laboratory System Program, from DNV, COLA, CMS, OSHA, CLIA, State of Florida, CAP, AABB, ASHI and related federal, state, and local agencies, as well as AdventHealth Corporate Responsibility.
- Ability to interpret and apply QA/QI principles
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Strong coaching and mentorship skills
- Strong service recovery skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a leadership role in a clinical laboratory
- Five (5) years’ laboratory experience
- Experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s Degree in area of specialty or Clinical Laboratory Science, Public Health, Hospital Administration, Health Services, or Business Administration.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a leadership role in a clinical laboratory
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Supervisor level.
- Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist, or equivalent term.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certification by American Society for Quality (ASQ)
Under the general supervision of the Program Director of Policy & Quality of Lab Services:
the System Support Manager is responsible for all accreditation and regulatory components of all laboratories, policy and procedures, quality assurance and billing compliance. Has primary responsibility for all laboratory quality, service, and safety improvement program initiatives, accreditation and regulatory compliance and readiness. Ensures laboratories follow safety and quality assurance procedures, seeing to it that employees are properly trained and always complying with necessary rules and regulations. Presents in a professional, goal-oriented manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.