AdventHealth Mid-Level Inpatient Coding Specialist FT/Days in Maitland, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Mid-level Inpatient Coding Specialist - AdventHealth Maitland
Location Address: 900 WINDERLEY PLACE, Maitland FL 32751
- The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources.
- The Trickle Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel.
- The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets clinical documentation, seeking clarification from the physician when discrepancies exist. Effectively communicates with physicians and allied health personnel the need for comprehensive, accurate timely clinical documentation.
- Applies ICD-9 codes, ICD-10 codes, DRG codes, present on admission codes, patient status codes, and participating physician codes with an understanding of how each is used and the impact the accuracy of the data has on mortality rates, clinical quality, reimbursement, internal score cards and key quality indicators.
- Utilizes thorough understanding of the Official Coding Guidelines, Coding Clinic guidance, medical necessity and coverage determinations
- Uses critical thinking and sound judgment in decision making; keeping reimbursement considerations in balance with regulatory compliance.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional growth, development, and continuing education to maintain a high level of proficiency.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experienced level with at least 3-5 years acute care inpatient coding experience in a hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- RHIA, RHIT, or CCS or certification or credential
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One-two years of coding education including formal education in anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Comprehensive experience with cases that require a more complex level of coding
The Inpatient Coder is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting clinical documentation contained in the medical record applying appropriate ICD9 and DRG codes conventions and requirements of Medicare Prospective Payment System. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.