AdventHealth Post Exposure Nurse PEN Manager AdventHealth Centra Care in Maitland, Florida
Post Exposure Nurse (PEN) Manager AdventHealth Centra Care
Location: Maitland, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Individual Hospital or Community Client blood and body fluid exposures (BBFE)
- Fulfills the monthly on-call assignments as designated for initial on-site treatment of BBFEs
- Understands State and Federal Statues pertaining to BBFE for consistent compliance.
- Assists in QA of all Exposure Hotline Reports, identifying errors and contacting the vendor
- Shares the back-up phone with Pen supervisor
- Creates/presents Mass Exposure Data in Power Point to Infection Prevention X 2/yr
- Participates in monthly billing
- Under the orders of the Medical Director, serves as the on-site provider for treatment of the exposed in a blood and body fluid exposure
- Hospital or Community Client Mass Exposures, Communicable Diseases.
- Serves as one of the contacts for Communicable Disease Exposure Notification from Infection Prevention (IP)
- Responds on-site to Communicable Disease or Mass Exposure events
- Hospital or Community Client After-Hours Drug Screens
- Participates in the BAT and Blood Alcohol Drug Screening processes
- Develops proficiency in using the BAT equipment
- Becomes a Calibration technician
What You Will Need:
- 2 years Nursing experience
- Associates of Nursing Degree
- Florida State RN license
- Florida State Driver’s License
The Post-Exposure Nurse (PEN) Manager is responsible for managing the Administrative staff and needs of the Department and Exposure needs of all BHS clients, in ways that will be customer driven and cost effective, always looking for ongoing cycles of improvement. Collaborates with the Clinical Team for ongoing education and development of effective processes and meets regularly with BHS Director and Clinical Director of Nursing. This position requires the consistent demonstration of excellence in customer service.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Centra Care
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.