AdventHealth Referral Coordinator Imaging FT Day in Maitland, Florida
Referral Coordinator - AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Full Time Day Shift
- Tuesday - Friday 10am - 7pm, Saturday 9am-2pm.
- Possesses a strong knowledge, understanding, and competency in the areas of insurance carrier plans and coverage benefits, radiology procedures, CPT codes, HCPCS, and ICD-10 codes.
- Ensures pre-certification and verification of benefits has been obtained and clearly documented on all required exams 10 business days prior to patient’s procedure, or within 24 hours of scheduling, or same day add-ons determined at the time of scheduling.
- Works a minimum of 3 days out on verification of benefits for site they are working
- Determines if patient’s insurance is a part of the provider network
- Possesses a strong knowledge of required waivers or documents necessity (Ex: Medicare ABN’s, auto forms, clinical documents, EMRs, and orders).
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Medical terminology and office background preferred
- Understanding of Coinsurance, Co-pay’s and deductibles and the ability to explain, preferred
- Ability to work in a team setting, as well as, independently
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong Customer Service Background
- Ability to read and understand insurance benefits and determine patient’s responsibility
- Ability to type 50 wpm
Direct reporting to the Insurance Manager, this position (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt) is accountable for providing quality customer service & patient financial responsibilities to patients, referring physicians, visitors and internal customers by obtaining insurance pre-certification and benefit verification for imaging procedures. Develops and maintains positive relationships with physician’s offices, patients, and sites while conveying accurate benefit and payment details in regard to any and all future visits. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.