AdventHealth Referral Coordinator Neurology Winter Park FT Days in Maitland, Florida
Referral Coordinator - AdventHealth Medical Group
Location Address: 1573 W Fairbanks Ave, Ste 210. Winter Park, FL 32789
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
Work Hours/Shift: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-2pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Answers non-clinical questions for patients and family members and routes all other calls correctly.
- Obtains physician approval for referrals and hospital admissions.
- Contacts insurance company for referral number or pre-certification/authorization.
- Schedules hospital admissions, outpatient procedures/tests and notifies patient of appointment and referral number the same day it is obtained.
- Serves as liaison between the insurance company, the patient and the physician.
- Obtains medical records from specialists or hospital to process the referral or hospital authorization.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding experience preferred.
- Experience with computers is required.
- Must be willing to float to other AdventHealth practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
The Referral Coordinator is responsible for receiving referral requests, obtaining physician approval, processing medical records requests pertaining to referrals and processing the referral. Schedules appointments with the referral when necessary. Serves as liaison between patient and medical support staff with regards to referrals.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.