AdventHealth Registered Nurse PRN AdventHealth Centra Care in Maitland, Florida
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Per Diem
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork
- Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
- Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs.
- Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
- Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, biometrics, vaccinations, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
What You Will Need:
- Current Florida license as an RN
- Graduate of accredited nursing program
- CPR Certification
- Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practices
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
- Previous urgent care / ED experience
The Registered Nurse (RN) cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.