AdventHealth Risk Management Coordinator FT Days in Maitland, Florida
* Risk Management Coordinator AdventHealth East Orlando*
Location Address: 7727 Lake Underhill Rd, Orlando, FL 32822
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
- A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
Full Time, Days M-F 8a-5p
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Serves as a resource to hospital administration, other employees, and physicians on Risk Management/legal/ethical issues, including off-hour and holiday coverage as needed.
Reviews, investigates and processes internal event report system for assigned area in compliance with Florida Statute 395.0197.
Monitors, analyzes, and reports aggregated event report data to the Risk Management Director and assigned hospital leaders with a focus on risk exposures for trends or patterns.
Manages the identification, investigation, resolution and prevention of patient care-related grievances per established patient grievance protocol in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Facilitates regulatory surveys and/or legal investigations as they pertain to complaints against FH.
Performs as the facilitator at patient/family conferences with physicians and other hospital staff to assist in conflict resolution.
Facilitates the processing of
Sentinel Events through the Root Cause Analysis process. Compiles and reports risk reduction strategies appropriately in an effort to prevent similar occurrences.
Develops educational in-services for employees and/or physicians on pertinent Risk Management issues as identified through tracking and trending of events and in accordance with regulatory agencies.
Investigates and reports to the Director of Risk Management any occurrence which has the potential to give rise to a claim, per established protocol. Utilizes knowledge of Florida Hospital’s Patient Safety Evaluation System.
Complies with CMS analysis and reporting requirements for patient deaths and restraint use.
What Will You Need:
* KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS* * REQUIRED* * :*
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, critical-thinking, oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of medical terminology and technology, medical procedures/treatments, their usual risks, and expected outcomes
- Understanding of conflict resolution and grievance management techniques
- Basic knowledge of federal legislation and state statutes relevant to Risk Management and patient safety activities
- Understanding of the claims/litigation prevention and management process
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload and possess the ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED* :
- Proficiency in Cerner and Risk Management Software
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED* * :*
- Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist or other clinical professional AND
minimum of three years of clinical experience in a healthcare-related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in risk management or claims field
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED* :
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field
* LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED* * :*
* LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED* :
- Current valid State of Florida license as a Health Care Risk Manager
- Current valid State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse
The Risk Management Coordinator (RMC) is responsible for identifying and reducing risks to Florida Hospital (FH), its physicians, staff, visitors and patients. The RMC ensures all Risk Management activities, including the internal event report system and patient grievance process are in compliance with FL State Statute 395.0197. The RMC facilitates the Sentinel Event process. The RMC facilitates regulatory surveys and/or legal investigations as they pertain to complaints against FH. The RMC identifies potential compensatory events and works collaboratively with claims management coordinators to prevent litigation. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Risk Management
Organization: AdventHealth East Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.