AdventHealth RN Specialty Care Palliative Care Specialist FT Days in Maitland, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
- Participates in educational sessions to improve skills as appropriate
- Participates in the collection of quality data
- Assists clinical staff providers with providing patients with outside resources and materials
- Assists in identifying and documenting cultural and linguistic needs of patients
- Assists in identifying and documenting advanced directives
- Assists clinical staff and providers with obtaining ER and Hospital information
- Assists in arranging follow up appointments as indicated by clinical staff and providers
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- One to two years of professional nursing experience; physician office preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be willing to float to other AHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- Current, valid Florida State of Board Nursing Registered Nursing License.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing, Bachelors Degree desirable.
- CPR Certified.
Performs a wide variety of professional nursing care activities and accommodates services for the physicians and the practice, following established standards, practices, policies and procedures. Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.