AdventHealth VP Surgical-Based Specialties - AdventHealth Medical Group in Maitland, Florida
VP Operations, Surgical Specialties – AdventHealth Medical Group
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the Vice President of Surgical-based Specialties (ENT, General Surgery, Colorectal, Cardiothoracic, Vascular, Thoracic, Spine, Cardiology, and Gastroenterology) at AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG), Maitland, Florida.
At AHMG our primary customers are patients and families. Our partners are physicians and our team members are all employees of AdventHealth.
As a faith-based organization, it is the intention of AdventHealth to identify and employ executive leaders who are professionally competent and who provide leadership that is consistent with our mission. It is required that the candidate serve the mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ and demonstrate proficiency in the AdventHealth executive leadership competencies.
Reporting to the CEO of AdventHealth Medical Group, the VP Surgical-based Specialties works in partnership with physician and health system leaders to deliver growth and high-quality, high-valued patient care for assigned service lines. The VP is responsible for the strategic direction of the AHMG providers of designated services lines. Operational responsibilities include leading and directing the operational aspects of all physician practices within their scope of responsibility. The VP uses leadership and personal influence to align and motivate staff and physicians towards goal achievement. He/she works collaboratively across the organization to champion creative and progressive goals. The primary responsibility is to ensure excellent daily operations of each practice are present.
Principle Duties and Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all practice operations within designated service lines.
· Oversight and implementation of electronic medical records within practices.
· Participates with hospital leadership to define and implement a physician strategy for each campus.
· Implement contractual and process strategies to “link” specialist physicians with hospital service lines or institutes.
· Develop and monitor processes to ensure all practice startups are managed well.
· Oversee market practice acquisitions.
· Manage practices to budget.
Education, Experience, and Licensure:
· Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university (master’s degree preferred)
· A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a large multi-specialty physician practice
· MGMA or other practice management certification
· Thorough knowledge of physician practice operations, strategic planning, billing and coding
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
· Expert understanding of the operation of hospital departments and service lines
· Proven ability to organize work flow and communicate effectively to superiors and to motivate subordinate personnel.
If this position sounds like a great match for your skills set and experience, please apply online now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.