AdventHealth Cardiac Sonographer PRN in Mansfield, Texas
Cardiac Sonographer - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s New Employee Orientation binder. Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with departmental policy. Adapts procedure to each patient’s medical situation obtaining all available necessary information for proper interpretation. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology. Calculates information accurately. Follows through with all details to ensure a smooth and timely flow of procedures
· Accurately documents, completes and charges procedures to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital. Participates in Performance Improvement projects as requested, and proactively initiates process improvement ideas
· Keeps supervisor informed and seeks assistance from appropriate individuals when confronted with complicated procedures to ensure safe and effective patient care. Communicates abnormal findings to the reading physicians and notifies the physicians of procedures to be interpreted. Communicates with patients and family members appropriate to age and understanding. Manages time and equipment effectively and works as a team member to provide the best patient care. Carries out assignments in a timely manner. Receives instructions, and guidance from the supervisors and is compliant with special requests as situations dictate
· Performs other duties as assigned
What will you need:
· Graduate of two-year Cardiovascular Ultrasound program or registered in appropriate modality
· One year of technical experience preferred
· Requires Registry certificate in echocardiography
Performs at a technical level a variety of cardiovascular ultrasound procedures on neonatal through gerontologic patients. Has the latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Assists physicians. Selects practical applications and technical factors. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the dept. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures. Teaches and directs the work of other staff and students as required. Performs additional duties as requested. Participates in the AdventHealth performance improvement program. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.