AdventHealth CT Technologist PT Days in Mansfield, Texas
CT Tech - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
· Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s
· Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
· Properly screens patients of childbearing age, and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards, and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on CT scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
· Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. If necessary notify physician of emergent findings according to established protocol
· Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on workstation or PACS
· Assists with collection of data entry for all process improvement projects realizing final goals of department. Maintains a knowledge and understanding of process improvement initiatives for the department
· Actively participates in exceptional customer service and utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed
· May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined by the state of the facility, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of the facility non-waived Point of Care training
· Maintains radiation protection standards according to (ALARA) principles
· Assists physicians in cases of adverse reaction, performance of interventional/biopsy procedures using sterile technique and in acute emergencies when necessary
· May be required to start & maintain viable intravascular access during exams requiring administration of IV contrast material
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department
What will you need:
· Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Completion of radiologic technology training and A.R.R.T. registration
· General radiographer state license as required by state if applicable
· Two years hospital-based clinical Radiology experience preferred
· Computed Tomography A.R.R.T.(CT) certification preferred
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.