AdventHealth Floor Technician - Mansfield in Mansfield, Texas
Floor Technician - Texas Health Mansfield- A joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield:
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
Day Shift and Evening Shift Available
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs floor care and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met
Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion
Collects trash/recycling/soiled linen from the units and for the proper disposal of trash/recycling/laundry in an outside/soiled linen barrel container
May clean patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up
Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment. Maintains an appropriate level of knowledge relating to matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants, and reports any hazardous situations, and responds to any hazards and emergency situations. Also handles preparing safety data sheets (SDS)
Adjusts to staff shortages and covering other assigned areas
Utilizes Team-through-put/ Bed Management system to maintain productive flow of beds and Patients. Call in and out as required
Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner
May be cross trained to perform both the Environmental Services Associate and Utility Tech job functions
Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within environmental services
Ability to maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and safe condition
Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
Basic computer skills and to include the use of mouse and keyboard
Ability to climb and work on a ladder
Maintains hard surface floor and carpet (dust and wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction & bonneting) of areas that include offices, resident rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas such as dining rooms. Conducts project cleaning of walls, lights entrances, common areas, windows vents, sidewalks, etc. as assigned. Maintain areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its member and corporate. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by facility and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.