AdventHealth Laboratory Assistant PRN in Mansfield, Texas
Laboratory Assistant PRN - - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Receives, identifies, accessions, processes, and transports specimens in house and to offsite locations
Ensures work space is maintained in a safe, aseptic, and organized manner
May be required to perform phlebotomy functions for all age groups
Fulfills clerical duties, including answering phones, data entry, and document filing
Batching and processes specimens and performs record keeping duties, as required by department
Cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces
Performs materials management duties, such as maintaining supply inventories and transporting equipment/supplies
Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
High School Education or equivalent
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification if required by facility
One year of technical experience preferred
Phlebotomy certification or equivalent preferred
Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned work area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.