AdventHealth Manager Med Surg in Mansfield, Texas
Med Surg Manager - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Patient Experience:
· Nurse Leader rounding on all patients daily with putting discharging pts the priority to see first.
· Rounds by nurse assignment and provides immediate feedback to nurse after rounding.
· Holds staff accountable for purposeful hourly rounding on their patients.
· Ensures coverage on NLR during their absence. Can assign NLR to another lead RN during PDO time and weekends.
· Unit performance is measured through HCAHPS scores.
o Utilizes management skills and positive leadership to promote continuity, supervise, evaluate and review patient care activities on the unit to ensure delivery of quality care and maintains the standards of the nursing department.
· Unit Productivity Performance:
o Assists Director with staff scheduling and payroll. Assists house supervisor with scheduling staff to provide coverage for the unit(s) assigned.
o Oversees and acts as a resource for charge nurse on unit staffing per grid to manage overshift OT, staff no lunches, and over staffing of unit.
o Acts as a resource to charge nurse with shift assignment planning with focus on making appropriate assignments for all personnel on the unit based upon patient acuity and skill levels of staff members.
o Verifies Charge Nurse documents staffing for shift in the assignment books on each unit.
o Gets feedback from nursing staff on staffing of the unit.
o Completes unit patient charges timely.
o Explores and implements strategies to reduce productivity costs on the unit(s).
· Human Resources:
o Assists Director in employee engagement through employee rounding and actively addressing concerns and complaints of staff.
o Assists Director in interviewing new candidates, coordinating peer interviews, choosing agency contract staff, coaching, disciplinary actions, and performance evaluations.
o In collaboration with Director, monitors staff attendance and tardies with disciplinary action per policy where appropriate.
o Provides staff with constructive feedback regarding their practice. Recognizes, rewards and grows our high performing staff members.
o Employee satisfaction is measured by the Gallup, SAQ, and NDNQI survey.
· Clinical and Quality Performance:
o Ensures that staff complete all required documentation including but not limited to IPOCS, Riskmasters, and medication PPID processes,
o Performs all unit audits to include but not limited to infection control, chart documentation, and other quality audits as assigned by Director.
o Acts as a resource for staff participating in Shared Governance.
o Participates in the peer review process.
o Incorporates findings of variance analysis into the unit performance improvement plan.
o Develops/revises tools for use in quality monitoring. Conducts quality monitoring activities according to established plan
o Explores and implements strategies to reduce resource consumption/length of stay for the case managed population; implements them and documents the results, when appropriate.
· Staff Education:
o Contributes to the professional development of self, peers, colleagues and others.
o Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues and others.
o Facilitates positive orientation experiences of new employees through role modeling and the demonstration of our team oriented environment.
o Acts as a super-user for all computer applications affecting unit and provides additional education to staff where needed.
o Assists staff in competency validation for unit based skills. Monitors educational requirements, and competencies in collaboration with Director.
o Ensures staff have the tools and equipment needed to do their job.
o Ensures tools and equipment are working properly and notifies the appropriate parties when repair is needed.
o Notifies Director of unit needs for next budget planning sessions.
o Explores and implements strategies to reduce supply/equipment costs on the unit(s).
· Patient Flow:
o Ensures and promotes efficiency through ED throughput initiatives with timely discharges, timely bed assignments, and timely admissions from the ED.
o Promotes staff to utilize the one call process consistently.
o Reviews our ED throughput processes consistently with focus on improvements to patient flow.
o Ensures the safe transition of patients to and from his/her unit(s) by emphasizing with staff the importance of communication and verification of care.
o When holding pts in the ED, works closely with Director, physicians, charge nurses, and house supervisor on discharges and status changes to provide adequate bed availability to the ED. Ensures these processes are continuously followed even if patients are not in hold status to prevent bottlenecks to patient flow.
· Responsible for supervising RNs, LVNs and non-licensed nursing personnel assigned to unit.Qualifications
· Computer literacy is required.
· Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques which are central to the nursing profession and is normally acquired through completion of a BSN and/or MSN program.
· A minimum of three (3) years of recent experience in an acute care facility successfully demonstrating skills in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care required.
· Experience in unit area specialty in the past two (2) years and one (1) year Management and/or Charge experience required.
· Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or in a qualifying compact state.
· Maintains ACLS (and/or PALS if applicable to unit) certification.
· Clinical Pathway/ Clinical Ladder experience preferred.
· Advanced Certification specific to the unit for which they manage is preferred.
The Nurse Manager adheres to and follows the goals, philosophy, standards and guidelines of Texas Health Hospital Mansfield. The Nurse Manager is a specialized health care professional who reports to the department Director and collaborates with the Director and other leaders to provide leadership to the unit(s) assigned by coordinating the care and services of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness; promoting effective utilization of and monitors health care resources; and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes that reflects the policies and procedures of the nursing department. The Nurse Manager will focus on daily and long term performance outcomes and operation of the unit through measurements of the department. The Nurse Manager will collaborate with their Director on departmental staffing, scheduling, patient care activities, quality strategies, throughput initiatives, the enhancement of patient satisfaction and employee engagement and will assist their Director with the hiring process of new personnel, disciplinary actions and performance evaluations. The Nurse Manager advocates and allocates resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, quality and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice. Nurse Manager will ensure compliance with regulatory and professional standards and will integrate clinical, human resource, and financial data to support decision making. This position demonstrates leadership through conflict resolution and service recovery with patients, families, physicians, and staff and proactively removes barriers to effectively implement Texas Health Mansfield’s strategic plan to achieve our vision. The Nurse Manager maintains clinical competency in order to provide patient care as appropriate.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.