AdventHealth Master Mechanic - Evening Shift in Mansfield, Texas
Master Mechanic - Texas Health Mansfield- A joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield:
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
Full Time - Evenings
You Will Be Responsible For:
Maintains articles and structures (e.g. office furniture, fixtures, room additions, partitions, counters, doors, window frames, sheds, scaffolds, forms, fences, gates, etc.) for the purpose of modifying and/or adapting facilities to specific needs.
Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to complete work projects for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects.
Inspects facilities, MEP system components and buildings for the purpose of identifying necessary repairs.
Installs systems and/or components for (electrical and air conditioning control equipment, transformers,
conduit, ducting, motors, bells, clocks, lighting circuits, gutters, flooring, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects safely and within established time frames.
Maintains tools, equipment, systems and/or components (e.g. hand tools, power tools, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
Monitors premises and facilities for the purpose of ensuring the safety and welfare of patients, visitors and staff.
Oversees assigned maintenance personnel as assigned for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force
Prepares documentation (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, work orders etc.) for the purpose of providing written support for proper documentation.
Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
What You Will Need:
Must be able to read blueprints
Minimum of 5 years of commercial mechanical, electrical and plumbing building maintenance
Current, valid drivers license required
High School Diploma preferred
This job is distinguished from similar jobs by the following characteristics: Incumbents in this class are assigned a variety of tasks requiring skills in various trades and performed under minimal supervision.
The job of Master Mechanic should be skilled in one or more of the following areas: electrical, painting, plumbing, welding, asbestos removal and/or carpentry work in the alteration, repair and construction of equipment and structures; resolving emergency situations; ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and overseeing and supporting assigned maintenance personnel in the performance of their assignments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.