AdventHealth Multi Skilled Worker - FT Nights in Mansfield, Texas
Multiskilled Worker - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
- Join a family of caregiversfocused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
- Provide wholistic care for patientsthat extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
- Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office buildingthat will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
- Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
- Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
·Answers telephone in a courteous manner, using name, title and location, within four rings, relaying information to appropriate nurse on a consistent basis.
·Answers patient calls via intercom within one minute and refers message to appropriate nurse to promote prompt service to the patients on a consistent basis.
·Notifies Charge Nurse/RN of pending admissions; notifies nurse of patient's arrival on unit or return to room from surgery/procedure with no more than three (3) documented variances, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
·Prepares charts for new admissions. Prepares charts for medical records following patient dismissal.
·Labels charts and door with appropriate identification, allergy information and other pertinent information.
·Keeps patient activity board updated on a consistent basis as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
·Accurately posts all admissions, transfers and discharges on activity boards and desk calendars each shift on a consistent basis, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
·Assists physicians in locating charts, reports and equipment; notifies Charge Nurse/RN of physicians' arrival on unit on a consistent basis.
What You Will Need:
·High School Diploma or Equivalent
·Accurate typing skills.
·Current Texas Certified Nurse’s Aide
·Graduate of an approved Hospital specific PCT Training Program
·Nursing student who has completed fundamentals (must continually be enrolled and active in nursing school during employment), OR
·Military experience with medical training equivalent.
Perform general clerical duties, observe the telemetry monitors for a designated time frame, and specific non-professional services under the direct supervision of the Charge Nurse/RN, to expedite the efficient function of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and hospital administration. Operate the call light system and recognize emergency alarms. Must be able to recognize and document basic arrhythmias and respond appropriately. Must be able to perform a variety of specific patient care activities, consistent with goals, philosophy, standards and guidelines of the nursing department and the hospital.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: Texas Health Mansfield
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.