AdventHealth Nuclear Med Technologist in Mansfield, Texas
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
30 hrs / week
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs quality nuclear imaging exams using proper equipment along with radiation protection practices. To follow appropriate protocols. To verify prescriptions to ensure the proper test is being performed. Orders, prepares, calculates dosage and administers radionuclides and/or interventional medications as directed by a radiologist or cardiologist. Responsible for checking next day schedules to avoid any scheduling complications
Maintains records in accordance with the departmental policy and procedures as well as within state requirements including using the dose computer or paper tracking system. Maintain documentation for QA done on cameras and all other equipment including survey meters dose calibrators and glucose meter. Assist the radiation safety officer when needed
Uses computer to start and complete exams correctly
Sends images to PACS via standard workflow process. Enters all technical information relating to exam. Takes appropriate history that is documented on scanned requisition. Monitors online worklist during worked hours and at shift change
Preforms direct patient care duties within technologist scope of practice. Transports, lifts, moves, and positions patients as needed to properly and safely complete exam. Will transport patients to and from the inside of the department along with escorting patients to other departments for testing
Performs basic patient care including monitoring of patient condition. Caring for patient comfort, safety, and privacy along with ensuring patient satisfaction. Obtains and documents patient history and explains procedures with effective communication and caring tone
Technologist will be responsible for understanding The Joint Commission regulations as it pertains to their area. Will maintain a clean, stocked, and compliant work area
Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
High School education or equivalent
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Nuclear Medicine Technology (N) and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) registration
State license in Nuclear Medicine
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· One-year experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist preferred
Nuclear Medicine Technologist will be responsible for performing Radiographic Imaging procedures independently. Handles, prepares, calculates dosage and administers radionuclides and interventional medications under the direction of a radiologist or cardiologist. Maintains records in accordance with departmental and state requirements. Assists the radiation safety officer as needed. Responsible for patient transportation to imaging room. Will position patient appropriately to obtain quality diagnostic images that are delivered to radiologist for interpretation via PACS system by technologist. Responsible to assist Radiologist for any required procedure. Will perform clerical duties and assist in radiology department as needed. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.