AdventHealth Nurse Manager Patient Experience in Mansfield, Texas
Nurse Manager Patient Experience - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
- Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
- Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
- Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
- Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
- Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Patient Experience Management Responsibilities
- Manages patient experience efforts, demonstrating strong collaboration, partnership and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills, and effectively develops and monitors project workplans to completion.
- Leads committees/efforts and leverages patient experience best practices across all care settings.
- Manages and addresses patient complaints, working closely with leaders and risk management. Fosters a spirit of resolving issues, meeting and exceeding the needs of our consumers.
- Partners closely with Human Resources in events related to our service standards and The Whole Care Experience, and fosters the link between team member and patient experience.
- Leverages the power of story and patient comments to engage the hearts of the team and advance patient experience improvement. Provides on-going story contribution to the headquarters office.
- Influences accountability for patient experience results, working closely with campus senior leadership on the best approach, including performance review/patient experience committees.
- Participates in the AdventHealth Experience leaders network monthly meetings, with learning and best practice sharing opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Patient Experience Consulting
- Consults with leaders, physicians and staff at all levels in best practices for patient and family experience.
- Collaborates with executives and leaders to create and oversee unit/department level action plans to drive improvement.
- Organizes consulting priorities in a strategic manner, and pro-actively works with executives to ensure focus on the most critical areas for patient experience improvement.
- As an influencer of change, partners closely with clinical and non-clinical leaders to elevate the patient experience, and coaches on the best practice experience standards.
- Seeks out system standards for consulting on patient experience initiatives, strives for consistency and leverages existing collateral and methods for improvement.
- Demonstrates expertise and consults with skill on all tools in place to support the entrenchment of best practice, including technology/online tools.
- Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of all patient experience feedback surveys leveraged at TH Mansfield. Understands Press Ganey Online reporting, priority indices, and NarrativeDX sentiment analytics, and can effectively share with others.
- Stays current on all AdventHealth wide dashboards, reports and educational offerings, and leverages appropriately.
- Understands and stays current on CMS CAHPS requirements, Value Based Purchasing, Press Ganey & CAHPS survey processes, results and statistical significance, and is able to articulate them in a written or oral mode to all levels of the organization.
- Interfaces with corporate office to ensure that CMS CAHPS patient upload requirements are met, including researching and ensuring correction of patient records found to be out of compliance upon Press Ganey audit.
Patient Experience Education
- Works closely with leaders to establish and coordinate simulation skills labs for caregivers for patient experience standard best practices.
- Conducts engaging training classes and meetings as needed in support of key initiatives.
- Seeks out system standards for education on patient experience initiatives, strives for consistency and effectively leverages available offerings.
- Assists Human Resources in the introduction to The Whole Care Experience for new team members.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Minimum of ten (10) years of healthcare related experience
- 5 years of experience as a Nurse Manager or above in an acute care setting or 3 years of experience in a patient experience consulting role in a multi-campus setting
- 10 years of experience as an RN
- Demonstrated history of leading strong improvement results in patient experience
- RN License
- Masters degree in healthcare or business related field preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Certified Patient Experience Professional preferred
The patient experience manager provides consulting and coaching to leaders and the frontline team in the best practices for patient experience, requiring solid knowledge of functional best practices and critical thinking related to how to best influence others in process improvement. This role requires partnership skills and a can-do attitude, working closely with leaders and teams across the hospital. As a leader in implementing improvements in patient experience, this role requires a strong working knowledge of effective reporting and interpretation of survey results, along with an understanding of statistical concepts. This position serves as a change agent for Texas Health Mansfield, partnered closely with both clinical and non-clinical leaders in elevating experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.