All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Our promise to you:
Joining Texas Health Hospital Mansfield - AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. Texas Health Hospital Mansfield - AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Texas Health Hospital Mansfield- operates as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth.
Shift : Days (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road, Mansfield, TX 76063
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Emergency Services, Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 1000 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
The role you’ll contribute:
Functions within the realm of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Responsible for the implementation and coordination of THM’s house-wide program for Infection Control. Identifies risks for the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents on an ongoing basis and based on risks, establishes priorities and sets goals for preventing the development of health care-associated infections (HAI’s) within the hospital. Implements programs designed to lower the risk and improve rates/trends of epidemiologically significant infections for patients and staff. Participates in the review and/or development of policies and procedures as indicated and/or requested. Accurately interprets regulatory standards related to infection control or employee health, for all levels of hospital personnel and medical staff as requested or directed. Coordinates the reporting of communicable diseases to health departments and assesses the significance for healthcare workers. Actively participates in surveying the hospital and its population for HAI’s, hazards, or situations contributing to infections for the purpose of providing quality patient care and a safe working environment. Serves as a resource for orientation, patient care practices and staff education. Monitors aseptic and sterilization practices for patient care practices, supplies, equipment, linen, and trash. Provides Leadership on Hospital Compliance, Patient Safety and Employee Safety Issues. Actively participates in voluntary or mandatory reporting as required by regulatory agencies such as CDC, CMS, or Health Departments. Provides reports of activities to key stakeholders. Maintains documentation of activities related to Infection Control. Provides Leadership/services for Employee Health services that may include but not be limited to: written protocols, vaccines, worker exposures, and healthcare worker safety initiatives.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
A. Identification of infectious disease processes
Interpret the relevance of diagnostic and laboratory reports
Identify appropriate practices for specimen collection, transport, handling and storage
B. Communicable disease reporting
Report required diseases in the time frame designated by the State Health Department
Maintain records of activities
C. Surveillance and epidemiologic investigation
· Conduct a risk assessment on the population served, services provided, and regulatory or other requirements
· Develop goals and objectives based upon the risk assessment
· Use of standardized definitions
· Use a systematic approach to record surveillance data
· Generate and validate surveillance data
· Use basic statistical techniques to describe date (e.g., mean, standard deviation, rates, ratios, proportions, etc.)
· Verify existence of outbreak
· Collaborate with appropriate persons to establish he case definition, period of investigation, and case-finding methods
D. Preventing/controlling the transmission of infectious agents
Develop evidence-based infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Collaborate with relevant groups and agencies in planning community/facility responses to biologic threats and diseases (e.g., public health)
Identify and implement infection prevention and control strategies related to:
E. Management and Communication
· Develop, evaluate, and revise a mission and vision statement, goal, measurable objectives, and action plans for the Infection Prevention and Control Plan
· Assess needs then recommend specific equipment, personnel, and resources for the Infection Prevention and Control Program
· Provide infection prevention and control findings, recommendations, and reports to appropriate stakeholders
· Participate in quality/performance improvement and patient safety activities related to infection prevention and control (e.g., failure mode and effects analysis, plan-do-study-act)
· Assess needs, develop goals and measurable objectives for preparing educational offerings
· Prepare, present, or coordinate educational content that is appropriate for the audience
· Knowledge of conducting a literature review
· Assess/critically appraise literature
G. Environment of Care
Recognize and monitor elements important for safe care environment (e.g. HVAC, water standards, construction)
Assess infection risks of design, construction, and renovation that impact patient care settings
H. Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, and Asepsis
Identify and evaluate appropriate cleaning, sterilization and disinfection practices
Collaborate with others to assess products under evaluation for their ability to be reprocessed
I. Employee/occupational health
Review/develop screening and immunization programs
Collaborate regarding counseling, follow up, and work restriction recommendations related to communicable diseases and/or exposures
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of an Associate Degree, Diploma, Baccalaureate, or Masters Degree program in Nursing.
· Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas, or in a qualifying compact state.
· Bachelor Degree
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED:
· Infection Control experience in an Acute Care Hospital setting preferred
· Minimum 2 (two) years’ experience in Infection Control
· Master’s Degree
· APIC Certified
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Infection Control
Organization: Texas Health Mansfield
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24004565
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $35.88 - $53.82
Location: Mansfield, TX
Job ID: 24004565
Job Family: Infection Control
Shift: 1 - Day