AdventHealth Sterile Processing Technician - FT Days in Mansfield, Texas
Sterile Processing Technician - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
- Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
- Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
- Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
- Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
- Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Meets and maintains all elements of Tech responsibilities / essential job functions.
· Receives soiled and contaminated instruments or equipment from surgery/ Anesthesia/ nursing units.
· Appropriately prepares, cleans, and disinfects instruments and equipment.
· Inspects all instruments and equipment for damages, malfunction or unacceptable condition.
· Prepares instruments and equipment for sterilization by ascertaining correct item and number when applicable.
· Assists with maintaining adequate supply level.
· Maintains cleanliness and proper order in the work area.
· Assists with supply preparation for surgical cases.
· Maintains required records on sterilization.
· Proficient use of all equipment.
· Assures that proper sterilization procedures are performed.
· Assures the effectiveness of the sterilizing process.
· Knowledgeable in the stocking and par levels for the Nursing units.
· Tracks and recovers equipment and instruments issued to the Nursing units.
· Demonstrates dependability and flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the department
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Assumes on call assignment.
· Participates in staff and student development.
· Responsible for personal and professional development.
What You Will Need:
· SPD certification required.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Previous sterile processing technician experience
Responsible for decontamination, cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of supplies and instrumentation utilized throughout the facility following established national standards and infection control standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.