AdventHealth Neonatology at Central Florida - NNP in Melbourne, Florida
AdventHealth Medical Group Neonatology at Central Florida
Full Time Inpatient opportunity for an Neonatal APRN
Serving Holmes Regional Medical Center
Neonatal Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Opportunities available in the Melbourne, Florida area. AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking dynamic and energetic Neonatal APRN’s to work in Holmes Regional Medical Center’s 10 bed NICU.
General Summary: The APP, under the supervision of Physicians is responsible for:
- The NNP is responsible for providing care for NICU patients within the scope of licensure and within the supervising physician's scope of practice
- Evaluate patients, develop treatment plans, order and interpret labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies per specialty guidelines and under the guidance of the Neonatologist
- Perform procedures such as intubation, lumbar puncture, umbilical lines, PICC lines and chest tube placement, and circumcisions.
- Communicate effectively with parents, other specialists and among NICU team members.
- Providing education and support to patients’ families
- Dispensing medications under collaborative agreement with a supervising physician
- Schedule is two - three nights per week
- All hours in the inpatient setting
- Night shift (4 PM – 8 AM)
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing with Neonatal Certification (required)
- 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as an RN (highly preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as a Neonatal APRN (preferred but not required)
Required Licensure and Certification:
- Must hold a valid Florida APRN License with Neonatal certification
- Certification through ANCC, or other nationally recognized certifying body
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.