AdventHealth Registered Nurse Transition to Acute Care Training Program MedSurg FT Days and Nights Available in Melbourne, Florida
Transition to Acute Care Training Program – Greater Orlando Area
We are recruiting for the following locations:
- AdventHealth Orlando (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=261550): 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
- AdventHealth East Orlando (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=739212): 7727 Lake Underhill Rd, Orlando, FL 32822
- AdventHealth Altamonte Springs (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=321038): 601 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- AdventHealth Apopka (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=213458): 2100 Ocoee Apopka Rd, Apopka, FL 32703
- AdventHealth Winter Park (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=288863): 200 N Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
- AdventHealth Kissimmee (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=14216310): 2450 N Orange Blossom Trl, Kissimmee, FL 34744
- AdventHealth Celebration (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=735686): 400 Celebration Pl, Celebration, FL 34747
Want to see what it’s like to work with us? Click on the location name for a virtual tour of the campus!
AdventHealth Central Florida Highlights
- AdventHealth’ s Central Florida Division encompasses more than 20 hospitals and ERs in the seven counties in and surrounding metro Orlando. The world-class hospitals, combined with a comprehensive outpatient care network, seesmore than 3.4 million patient visits annually.
- AdventHealth Orlando — the division’s flagship campus — boasts nationally and internally recognized programs and serves as a major tertiary referral hospital for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America. The organization has an expansive research portfolio with more than 500 clinical trials in progress.
- AdventHealth has a deep commitment to serving the community and has a local financial impact of more than $1 billion annually. The organization and its employees are responsible for nearly 20 percent of Central Florida’s economy.
- The Acute Care Training program is ideal for nurses working outside of the hospital setting that are interested in transitioning to acute care.
- 16-week training program including didactic training, simulations and 12 dedicated weeks of clinical preceptorship
- Units Available: Medical Surgical
Work Hours/Shift: Full-time, 36 hours per week, Days (7 am – 7 pm) or Nights (7pm – 7am) available
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’ s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Nursing Process:
Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. + Nursing Process: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. + Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. + Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. + Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. + Documentation: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. + Professional Development: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. + May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing.
What Will You Need:
Education and Experience Required
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Ability to work as a team player within a unit
- Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- EKG competency testing
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required
- Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred
- Professional certification
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses during the training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.