AdventHealth AdventHealth Shawnee Mission - Nurse Residency Program in Merriam, Kansas
Nurse Residency - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: Kansas City area
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Largest healthcare provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
· NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnoses according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
· NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand-off communication in all situations. Utilizes nursing judgment in implementing physician orders in a safe and conscientious manner, notifying appropriate supervisor or physician immediately of any concerns. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
· DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines. Understands the Computerized Physician Order entry process and is able to monitor for, initiate, and sign off all new physician orders. Performs all duties relating to Real Time Scanning (MPPID) accurately and efficiently. Understands computer downtime procedures.
· PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all residency program and education requirements by the due date. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Exhibits desire to learn, teach, mentor and advance nursing skills.
· May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
What You Will Need:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Active RN license in the State hired
Start Date: 2019
(Available based on needs)
Heart Nuero Vascular
Labor & Delivery
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.