AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant Physician Practice FT Days AdventHealth Sebring, FL $3000 Sign on Bonus & Relocation Assistance in Miami, Florida
CMA- Certified Medical Assistant Physician Practice FT Days AdventHealth Sebring, FL $3,000 Sign on Bonus
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists with rooming patients for appointments. Obtains accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight. Documents correctly on progress note.
- Prepares patient for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patients and when necessary to significant others prior to implementation.
- Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the patient.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with AdventHealth Heartland Division policy and procedures and nursing standards. Documents medications completely in the patients chart after they are given.
- Reviews appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Responds to and returns in-coming telephone calls in a timely manner. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including restocking of treatment areas and disinfecting of exam tables and counters.
- Practices Body Substance Isolation. Ensures that PPE is available at all times in each exam room.
- Display a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth.
- Maintain the confidentiality of employees' and patients' administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
- Requires the ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively with patients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates responsibility/knowledge about commonly used medication.
- Utilizing Electronic Health Record
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program
- One (1) year medical office experience (Preferred)
- CMA /RMA
- Registered or Certified from a recognized Medical Assistant Program
The Medical Assistant, under the direction of the Office Manager and/or Clinical Supervisor, provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. Assists in patient education. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the physician.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.