AdventHealth Medical Assistant Volusia/Flagler Counties FT Days Up to $2,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Bonus Available / Position Location: Daytona Beach, FL Area in Miami, Florida
Medical Assistant Volusia/Flagler Counties FT Days Up to $2,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Bonus Available : AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
Location Address: Volusia/Flagler Counties
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
- Career Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive Salary
- Great team of co-workers that feel like family
- Full Time, Monday-Friday.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs initial response-screening following protocols under the direction of the supervising physician.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients, utilizing established guidelines.
- Cleans, prepares and maintains examinations rooms and treatment areas.
- Prepares patients for examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Organize and review incoming test results and forward to physician.
- Prepares specimens for outside lab testing, as ordered by the physician.
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications and immunizations as directed by supervising physician and as permitted by state law.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National HealthCare Association (NHA), or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Certification, or National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) is required to be active prior to employment and must be maintained throughout employment. American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA),Certification will be accepted for employees who began employment prior to June 30, 2016, but the certification must not lapse or else is required to then obtain AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA, AMCA or NAHP Certification.
- BLS required
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience or completed an accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of an externship is required
- Minimum 1 year working experience within the medical/healthcare field with experience communicating with all levels of staff preferred
- Candidate must also be proficient and possess current working knowledge in the use of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Assists the physician in providing medical care to patients of various ages according to the policy of individual practice, in accordance with professional standards and hospital policies and procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.