AdventHealth Registration Representative FT Days AdventHealth Sebring in Miami, Florida
Registration Representative FT Days AdventHealth Sebring
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Heartland
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Ensure all insurance verification and authorizations are obtained prior to services being rendered when applicable.
- Ensure all notes/events are documented in the facilities Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Ensure all signatures are obtained to complete a registration or admission; this includes the consent/living will, HIPAA, and Important Message from Medicare (IMM).
- Ensure collection of co-payment/deductible amounts on insured patients or submit to supervisor or designee for review/approval prior to outpatient procedure or inpatient discharge; or at time of discharge from ED.
- Ensure collection of self-pay customers, set up necessary financial arrangements or submit to supervisor / designee for review and approval prior to outpatient procedures or inpatient discharge; or at time of discharge from ED.
- Ensure complete and accurate information for patient documentation, including demographic and billing information per department guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines and duties as assigned per policy. This includes EMTALA, JCAHO and HIPAA regulations. It is the representative’s responsibility to remain well informed through the intranet and/or department manual.
- Ensure coverage is maintained at the needed level by fulfilling the rotation call list as needed.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Computer experience
- Collection experience
- Communication skills experience
- Customer service skills experience
Responsible for directing customers and visitors to proper departments/floors. Responsible for the registration and/or admission of patients by obtaining complete and accurate information to facilitate other hospital activities requiring patient information. To obtain accurate insurance Information and required authorizations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.