AdventHealth Medical Technologist III - $5000 sign-on/$3000 relo in Mt. Dora, Florida
Medical Technologist III
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Faith Based organization
- State of the art lab facilities
You will be responsible for:
· Follows laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing.
· Assists in establishing and adheres to laboratory Quality Control policies.
· Performs and documents required maintenance, calibrations, and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and test systems.
· Performs and reports all laboratory patient testing in a timely and accurate manner.
· Identifies problems that adversely affect test performance and reporting and resolves them in accordance with established laboratory policies and procedures. Documents specific action taken.
· Communicates with nursing floors, physician offices, and other clients with regard to critical and stat test results; problems with specimens and/or orders; properly documents communication.
· Completes competency assessment requirements.
· Assists with performance of laboratory Quality Assurance activities.
· Assists with reference laboratory (send out) processes.
· Assists in managing reagents and supplies.
· Acts as a technical and clinical resource for support staff.
· Assists in the training and in-servicing of laboratory personnel.
· Assures workflow continuity through communication.
· Maintains regular dialog with Laboratory supervisory / managerial staff concerning quality, safety, and Standard of Behavior issues within the department and the facility.
· Demonstrates ability to accept and facilitate change.
· Demonstrates commitment to all department and corporate compliance policies, watches for potential problems, relays concerns to Director/Compliance Officer. Demonstrates commitment to appropriate
behavior and is familiar with reporting mechanism.
· Receives specimens from outside clients, in house deliveries, and pneumatic tube system; checks specimens against order for correctness; records receipt in LIS system; attaches laboratory labels and delivers specimens to appropriate laboratory area.
· Uses LIS system for collection verification, ordering, canceling, and inquiry functions.
· Assists in stocking store room and work areas with supplies of varying weight and size.
· Organizes work area and adheres to infection control policies.
· Creates reports, memos, letters, and other communications as needed.
· Participates in team interviewing when requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be proficient in the English language.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Strong, positive interpersonal skills, problem-solving ability and time management skills
· Possesses organizational skills to function successfully in a fast-paced work environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· B.S. degree in Science or Medical Technology.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 2 years of clinical laboratory experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active Florida Licensure as a Generalist Medical Technologist or Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the Laboratory required
· Meet Federal Government CLIA requirements as a Technical Consultant.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.