AdventHealth Radiology Front Desk PRN Days in New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Registrar OP Imaging PRN AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
Per Diem, Days (7:00am to 5:30pm)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Interviews patient or family member to gather demographic and insurance information including patient address, next of kin, guarantor, religion, insurance companies and plans.
- Order entry
- Ensures patient orders have all the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests.
- Ensures Insurance Requirements and Authorizations are obtained to guarantee proper reimbursement.
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Knowledge of On-Line verifications and authorization systems including but not limited to Availity and WebMD.
- Maintaining knowledge of the collections and cashiering functions.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due at time of service.
- Calculate insurance Co-Pays and Deductibles.
- Maintains a high level of Radiology knowledge to complete the Registration process in a timely and effective manor.
- Assembles requisitions, folders, labels and patient questionnaires as needed for exam completion.
What You Will Need:
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Word processing, data entry, spreadsheet skills, basic mathematical skills and human relation skills.
- Reception/patient check in and radiology experience preferred.
- One year medical front office experience desirable, with reception/patient check in and radiology experience preferred.
Greets patients, interviews patient and/or patient families to complete the registration process. Explains exam preparation procedures and completion of appropriate history or other forms as needed. Reviews patients’ orders and contacts physicians’ offices as needed to clarify orders. Coordinates with clinical staff as needed regarding patient status, delays and registration issues.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.