AdventHealth Registrar OP Imaging PRN Day in New Smyrna Beach, Florida
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
- Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Interviews patient or family member to gather demographic and insurance information including patient address, next of kin, guarantor, religion, insurance companies and plans.
- Order entry
- Ensures patient orders have all the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests.
- Ensures Insurance Requirements and Authorizations are obtained to guarantee proper reimbursement.
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Knowledge of On-Line verifications and authorization systems including but not limited to Availity and WebMD.
- Knowledge of Medicare Medical Necessity requirements.
- Maintaining knowledge of the collections and cashiering functions.
- Acts as cashier.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due at time of service.
- Calculate insurance Co-Pays and Deductibles.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Word processing, data entry, spreadsheet skills, basic mathematical skills and human relation skills.
Greets patients, interviews patient and/or patient families to complete the registration process. Explains exam preparation procedures and completion of appropriate history or other forms as needed. Reviews patients’ orders and contacts physicians’ offices as needed to clarify orders. Coordinates with clinical staff as needed regarding patient status, delays and registration issues. Performs records release of imaging films, creates CD’s and prints reports. Our facilities have an outstanding tradition of medical excellence and compassionate care, which is drawn from our Christian heritage and focus on our Christian Mission of Hope, Health, and Healing. Responsibility to adhere to the AdventHealth Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.