AdventHealth Administrative Supervisor PRN Nights in New Smyrna, Florida
Administrative Supervisor AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
- Competitive hourly rate
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach
PRN Night Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision after regular business hours.
- Manages hospital personnel and other resources to meet the identified standards, goals, and department requirements.
- Reassigns employees to different duties if the Administrative Supervisor determines the change to be appropriate during the shift or work day in order to achieve the most effective utilization of skills and abilities and to equalize workloads.
- Makes regular rounds to identify problems and facilitate efficient/ effective resolution
- Reviews reports relative to activities throughout the hospital, initiating or responding with appropriate communication and/or action.
- Supports and implements the established nursing care standards.
- Attends regular meetings with management personnel to facilitate problem resolution, information exchange, planning and timely communication within the System, Department and Hospital.
- Facilitates and coordinates resources as needed to meet unanticipated hospital situations.
- Reviews and interprets policies and procedures within the hospital.
- Participates with Directors to coordinate hospital activities.
- Provides temporary solutions to identified problems and communicates needed follow-up to appropriate individuals.
- Assures that the defined patient care practices are followed and communicates discrepancies to the proper administrative person.
- Assures safe and efficient staffing based on an established HPPD. Communicates levels of staffing issues to appropriate Nurse Manager/Director in a timely manner.
- Assists in the management of personnel and resources.
- Assists in the development of department and division goals and objectives, which are in, convert with the hospital mission and vision statements.
- Reviews and interprets hospital/nursing policies to assure compliance with hospital operation.
- Supports compliance of departmental standards of practice.
- Identifies and communicates clinical deficiency to appropriate managers and/or directors.
- Serves as a clinical resource and educator for areas of patient care.
- Documents appropriately in all areas of the medical record in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Supports programs to provide job-related growth within the nursing division.
- Participates in developmental programs, (formal and informal) to enhance current knowledge of clinical practice.
- Collaborates with physicians to maintain defined standards of care.
- Promotes intradepartmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Serves as a liaison between Patient Care Services Division and other hospital departments related to problems, request, etc.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with divisions, departments and medical staff.
- Supports educational programs through consultation and communication.
- Participates in nursing, hospital, and medical staff committees as assigned.
- Promotes Adventist Health Systems values and contributes to the hospital’s competitive position by servicing as a member of the management teams.
- Supports the hospital’s mission by advocating East Florida services and policies to employees, physicians, patients and the community.
- Fosters interdepartmental cooperation.
- Serves on interdepartmental committees for identification of system improvements.
- Participates in professional and community activities related to health care and represents Florida Hospital – East Region as requested on a local and state level.
- Ensures the provision of quality care by managing employees in a manner that supports the hospital’s policies and procedures
- Assigns employees to a particular place, appoints employees to a particular time, or gives significant overall duties to employees utilizing supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
- Exercises supervisory authority to suspend employees for misconduct, initiates the disciplinary process, and documents employee work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations.
- Responsibly directs, monitors and corrects employees in the performance of job duties in order to ensure adequate performance and quality of work.
- Foster employees’ understanding of the hospital’s mission.
- Manages employees in a way that demonstrates respect for their dignity.
- Administers hospital policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Assists employees in an understanding of performance standards.
- Provides employees with specific, timely, and constructive feedback.
- Uses independent judgment to make recommendations for periodic evaluations of supervised employees.
- Uses independent judgment to adjust/resolve complaints, concerns and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, overtime scheduling and other work related issues.
- Encourages innovation in nursing by promoting an environment of participation.
- Utilizes time effectively and efficiently to meet the demands of the patient, family, physicians and staff.
- Performs duties in an independent manner.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
- Recognizes and responds to priorities in the patient care process.
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Demonstrates support of hospital by enforcing hospital policy.
- Identifies and addresses trends of non-compliance to hospital and nursing expectation such as, but not limited to attendance, required educational components.
- Prioritizes workflow to meet the demands of the patient, family, physician and staff.
What You Will Need:
- Four years of nursing experience required including a minimum of one year experience as a supervisor, charge nurse or comparable leadership experience.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse License required.
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification mandatory.
The Administrative Supervisor is the administrative and patient relations representative after regular business hours and is the clinical resource facilitator for the nursing areas. The Administrative Supervisor facilitates intradepartmental communication and activities and ensures the delivery of quality patient care by complying with and enforcing policies and procedures, mission, vision and core values of the facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.