AdventHealth Certified Surgical Tech Days $5,000 Sign On and $3,000 Relo in New Smyrna, Florida
Certified Surgical Tech AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto St, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
- $5,000 sign on and $3,000 relo
- Flexible schedule
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Works independently or in collaboration with other staff as directed to ensure required supplies, instruments, positioning devices and equipment is available for all assigned procedures. Utilizes preference cards to effectively assure essential supplies and equipment are available as needed.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, maintains patient confidentiality and interacts with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous demeanor. Speaks positively to and about co-workers and the organization. Acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety initiatives and policies including but not limited to Universal Protocol, Universal precautions, bio hazardous waste management, waste stream management, sponge/ instrument counts, surgical specimen management, and patient transfer techniques. Maintains a clean, orderly work environment.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice and training as appropriate to all patient populations served. Competency includes use and applications of appropriate routine and specialty instruments, room preparations, equipment selection and positioning devices, aseptic technique and sterilization methods.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited school for Surgical Technology.
- Certification as Surgical Technician
- BLS Required.
The surgical technologist actively participates in the preparation and management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and clinical/technical assistance as directed while performing operative and invasive procedures. This position requires knowledge of surgical instrumentation, the ability to prepare and or assemble complex mechanical devices, sequential planning, and knowledge of fundamental anatomy, strong anticipatory skills and dexterity. This position is also responsible to keep abreast of new products, procedures and physician techniques. The surgical technologist supports Surgical, CVOR and GI services to provide an effective and safe patient/staff environment. All activities associated with the role of the surgical technologist are under the direct supervision of the perioperative registered nurse and operating surgeon. implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.