All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Nights/Weekends
Location: 401 Palmetto St. New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
The role you’ll contribute:
Clinically trained minister responsible for providing spiritual care to our primary customers, partners, and team members. Participates as a member of the healthcare team in evaluating spiritual needs provides one to one, short-term spiritual support to patients, families and care team members in inpatient, outpatient, urgent-care, corporate and other specialized care settings. Also provides supportive brief spiritual counseling and community referrals, following a comprehensive spiritual wholeness assessment of concerns.
The PRN Chaplain is scheduled "as needed" and may be called into work on short notice as a need arises. Scheduled duty shifts may be cancelled with 12-hours' notice.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
The PRN is an "as needed" position that requires flexibility and availability. Calls to fill shifts in the hospital may come with little notice, and if the situation changes may be cancelled with little notice. We will strive to maintain communication clearly and directly and with as much notice as is possible as a crucial part of the spiritual care team. The reliable PRN Chaplain establishes and maintains an availability to respond to needs for pastoral care as called; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks. The PRN Chaplain demonstrates integrity and responsible pastoral ethics in reporting time, communicating with staff and leaders regarding care, and relating to patients, families, and team members.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED:
• Personal commitment to God.
• Personal integrity and an ability to work under stress.
• Ability to effectively relate to and consistently provide professional, meaningful, spiritual care to patients, families and staff from diverse backgrounds with respect and reverence toward individual values and beliefs.
• Ability to demonstrate professional pastoral qualities that earn the respect of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in the clinical context.
• Displays a high skill level completing tasks and communicating effectively using Microsoft Office Suite and other healthcare system charting and communications applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
• PRN- Level 1 - Minimum of one (1) unit of Clinical Pastoral Education completed, at a center accredited by ACPE, Inc.
• Completion of a Master of Divinity, Master of Science in Spiritual Care, or graduate level degree (72-hour minimum) in theology, religion, or related field.
• Clinical Pastoral Education Residency or completion of 3 or more units of ACPE, Inc. accredited CPE
• Congregational Pastoral leadership
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• In good standing with a recognized faith community
• Eligible Board Certification with the Association of Professional Chaplains
• Ordination, Commissioning or Licensure from a recognized faith group
• Eligible for Endorsement from recognized faith community
"Insert General Job Summary Here"
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Pastoral Care
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23039429
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $1 - $1
Location: New Smyrna, FL
Job ID: 23039429
Job Family: Pastoral Care
Shift: 3 - Night