All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Time Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: Full-Time
· Shift : Day/Evening Shifts and rotating weekends (6a-2p or 9a-5p or 11a-7p)
· The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach 401 Palmetto St, New Smyrna, FL 32168
The role you will contribute:
Under the direct supervision of the FANS management team, the Cook is responsible for the handling and preparation of food in accordance with established recipes, sanitation regulations, and following all HACCP Guidelines of the Department.
The value you will bring to the team:
· Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients and retail food production.
· Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
· Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
· Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
· Prepares food for the cafe and catering.
· Set up and garnish patient and cafe steam tables; may also participate in set up and/or serving of catering.
· Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following HACCP Guidelines.
· Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
· Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
· Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication.
· Any other tasks as assigned by a manager; communicate with manager and other staff to ensure overall organizational needs are met.
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· One year of food service experience in a high-volume culinary production capacity required.
· Serve Safe certified preferred.
· Knowledge of cooking methods required.
· Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
· High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24002886
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.00 - $21.17
Location: New Smyrna, FL
Job ID: 24002886
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day