AdventHealth Environmental Services Associate in New Smyrna, Florida
Environmental Services Attendant AdventHealth New Smyrna
Location Address: 401 Palmetto St, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
Work Hours/Shift: 7am-3pm
Performs a variety of environmental services to maintain assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition. Maintains supplies and/or equipment in clean, and working condition.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Cleans assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, and sanitizing all surfaces
- Follows policies and procedures in accordance with facility standards
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in assigned areas as necessary or designated
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning. Documents all work that has been performed
- Stocks cart daily with paper products and cleaning solution. Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up. Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming
- Dispose of normal and biohazardous waste and handle Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Clean and disinfect areas containing bodily fluids in accordance with facility standards
- Accesses the medication room for cleaning purposes only. (Will be properly oriented on med room procedures)
- Adjusts to staff shortages and covering other assigned areas
- Utilizes Team-through-put/Bed Management system to maintain productive flow of beds and Patients. Call in and out as required
- Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Ability to maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and safe condition
- Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
- Basic computer skills and use of mouse and keyboard
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Environmental Services
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.