All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
The role you’ll contribute:
The Laboratory Assistant I performs various laboratory support procedures in assigned areas which may include phlebotomy and/or specimen processing in clinical and anatomical pathology areas. The Laboratory Assistant I must meet the required basic continuing education and department specific requirements. Work customarily involves practical knowledge in various laboratory procedures and support functions.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include:
· Collects patient, physician and test order information in order to create patient accounts. This includes verifying patient identification, insurance information, physician credentials and test order requirements.
· Blood specimen collection to include phlebotomy and skin puncture for all age groups
· General equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation
· Receives, and processes patient specimens which includes separating specimens by centrifugation prior to testing. May include transporting.
Minimum qualifications :
· Completion of a phlebotomy training program
· PBT(ASCP) or MLA (ASCP) or equivalent
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24005362
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.48 - $22.5
Location: New Smyrna, FL
Job ID: 24005362
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day