MRI Technologist Per Diem
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Facility Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources and Mental Health Resources and Support
No State Income Tax
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule : Per Diem
Shift : Variable
The community you’ll be caring for:
· New Smyrna Beach is a small, charming community with a quiet laid-back vibe. As part of the Canaveral National Seashore, its beautiful beaches offer endless recreation activities.
· New Smyrna Beach is named one of America’s Top Small Cities for the Arts, and the city boasts several theatres and fine art galleries.
· The historic downtown is lined with cute beach-side boutiques and unique dining choices.
· Nearby major cities such as Orlando and Daytona Beach provide access to world-class theme parks, international airports, and professional sporting and cultural events.
· All these features, topped with solid educational options and family-friendly neighborhoods make New Smyrna Beach a great place to live and work.
The role you’ll contribute:
U nder general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The MRI technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies .
· Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
· Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. If necessary, notify physician of emergent findings according to established protocol.
· Enforces MRI zone entrance and fire safety protocol.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Basic IV skills.
· Associates degree or technical degree in a related field
· BLS certification from American Heart Association.
· ARRT (MR) certification required.
· Must hold state license where applicable.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Schedule: Per Diem
Req ID: 23025451
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 401 PALMETTO ST
Pay Range: $41.704 - $41.704
Location: New Smyrna, FL
Job ID: 23025451
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging