AdventHealth Paramedic Emergency Dept FT Days in New Smyrna, Florida
Paramedic Emergency Department AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists the ED physician and RN in implementing emergency care and treatment.
- Documents care in the medical record.
- Provides a safe and supportive environment for all patients, families and co-workers.
- Assures availability of emergency equipment/pharmaceuticals.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the population served.
- Communicates patient care or management problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Participate as a team member to fulfill the balanced scorecard objectives.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate
- Successful completion of approved Paramedic training program
- 6 months of current Paramedics experience required.
- Computer proficiency required
- Current active Florida paramedic license
- Current PALS, BLS and ACLS certification.
The paramedic will deliver safe and effective care under the direct supervision of a physician or registered nurse, and in compliance with established policies, procedures and standards of care, is responsible for utilizing judgment based on knowledge acquired through didactic and clinical training in emergency care to meet the needs of the Emergency Department patient.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.