All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: Full Time
· Shift : Days
· The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach 401 Palmetto St. New Smyrna, FL 32168
The role you will contribute:
The Phlebotomist is responsible for collection of blood samples, through the use of standard venipuncture and microtainer techniques. Receives laboratory specimens and processes samples for Laboratory testing. Performs clerical and client service functions in the Laboratory as requested.
The value you will bring to the team:
· Ability to perform venipuncture and microtainer collection.
· Ensure specimens are correctly labeled and orders are received.
· Ability to properly prioritize routine specimen receipt in the laboratory on a "first in – first out" basis.
· Stat and Alert specimens are prioritized before routine orders.
· Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of eneration to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Phlebotomy experience required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23035120
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16 - $21.17
Location: New Smyrna, FL
Job ID: 23035120
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day