All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth New Smyrna: 401 Palmetto St. New Smyrna, FL 32168
The role you’ll contribute:
The Advanced Radiation Therapist - Advanced is a registered and licensed professional who is responsible for administering therapeutic radiation in accordance with the physician’s prescription to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assesses the patients' needs and actively seeks to resolve potential problems or conflicts. Treats the patient in a timely and courteous manner. Handles stressful situations appropriately and demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients of all ages. Clinically observes patient reactions to treatment and assists in accommodating the patient through treatment.
· Verifies the physician's prescription and treatment parameters daily to ensure proper patient treatment in accordance with the prescription and treatment plan. Identifies the treatment volume and positions the patient consistently and reproducibly.
· Performs all aspects of CT Simulation. Under the physician's or non-physician practitioner's direction, administers contrast agents during simulation localization. Immediately reports and documents adverse reactions to the managing physician and Site Leader.
· Evaluates prescribed imaging and make requested changes within 24 hours. Accurately documents treatment information in the patient's electronic health record (EHR). Utilizes the record and verify system.
Reviews all new starts for consistency before treatment. Checks the blocks, simulation documents, dose calculation sheet, prescription, and field photos to verify patient positioning and field orientation. Checks record and verify system for prescription, treatment parameters, doses, accessories, and monitor units. Documents in the EHR that the medical plan was reviewed for consistency.
o Minimum three years’ experience as a Radiation Therapist
o Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
o Licensed by the State of Florida as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
Graduate of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Radiation Therapy Program
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Cancer Institute
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24000749
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $42.67 - $42.671
Location: New Smyrna, FL
Job ID: 24000749
Job Family: Cancer Institute
Shift: 1 - Day