AdventHealth Registered Nurse Clinical Care Manager PRN Days in New Smyrna, Florida
Registered Nurse Clinical Care Manager PRN
Location Address: New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
- Great benefits such as: Education Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Community Based Hospital
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing concurrent assessment of patient care needs through patient rounds, and communication with direct nursing care givers, physicians, patient and family members, and other members of the health care team.
- Utilizes principles of growth and development and the aging process, and makes appropriate decisions for patients based upon their age, (neonate, child, adult, geriatrics ) as necessary.
- Establishes a therapeutic working relationship with patients, physician, and family and patient care team.
- Leadership in care management rounds; collaborates with physicians, staff, support services and patients/family to establish goals and interventions for the patient's episode of illness, updating the plan of care as needed.
- Identifies patients with significant deviations from the plan of care, and works collaboratively with physicians, staff, support services and patient/family toward resolution.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team on daily basis, and discusses information regarding significant changes in patient status, episode of care, and discharge plans; identification of resources necessary at discharge, and assists in timely transition plan, and coordination of services.
What You Will Need:
- Excellent knowledge of the denial/appeal process, Governmental and Third party payers audit processes.
- Knowledge of medical necessity monitoring tools- InterQual, Milliman Care Guidelines (MCG), principles of Managed Care, Computer applications, including but not limited to: Windows, Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ Registered Nurse experience in an acute care hospital required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospital utilization review, care coordination, discharge planning or has experience in a community-based care management role with commercial payers, inpatient rehab hospital care management, or home care services care manager role.
- Registered Nurse Case Manager hired into the case management department with limited experience in a hospital- based clinical case management program may participate in an orientation, education and departmental preceptorship program.
- BS in Nursing or related field preferred
- Two (2) years’ experience: utilization review, resource management, care coordination discharge/transitional planning; hospital and commercial payer denials and appeals preferred
- Case Management Certification / Accreditation preferred
- Current Florida RN license; BLS-American Heart Association
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
The Registered Nurse-Clinical Case Manager, in collaboration with physicians, and other interdisciplinary team members provide patient care coordination, care planning, facilitation and coordination of discharge needs for hospitalized patients in the acute care setting, and or during the emergency room discharge process. The underlying objectives are enhancing the quality of clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, while managing the cost of care. The Clinical Case Manager strives to promote patient wellness through evidenced based practice, improved care outcomes, efficient utilization of health services, and appropriate level of care for patients during hospitalization and on a continuum after discharge.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Care Management
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.