RN Emergency Room Clinical Educator New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Career growth and advancement potential
Health Insurance Coverage
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach
You Will Be Responsible For:
Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
• Orientation: Develops and coordinates programs for healthcare staff within AdventHealth and is responsible for coordinating a cost-effective orientation program for nursing personnel. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
• Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements, and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals. Develops, coordinates, and evaluates additional educational programs and learning experiences as needed.
• Continuing Education/Continued Competency: Creates, plans, implements, and coordinates activities related to systematic professional learning experiences, based on needs assessments, designed to augment the knowledge, skills and attitudes of assigned staff. This includes continuing education, in-service education, continued competence based on unit/department needs, organization initiatives/goals and policy revisions. Assists with development and coordination of annual house-wide education to meet regulatory requirements. Monitors and reports compliance with required education.
• Leadership: Actively participates, communicates, and serves as a positive change agent for all units’/departments’, campuses’ and system’s initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as needed in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
• Academic Partnership: Facilitates a supportive environment for academic partnership by ensuring appropriate student placement and a positive student experience within the facility.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Power Point, Teams, and Excel
• Effective oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills
• Self-direction, creativity, initiative to develop educational programs
• Leadership ability and working knowledge of leadership principles and management skills
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor of Science (BSN)
• Three-five years' experience in the area of specialty applying for
• Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
• Current, valid Florida State of Nursing license as a registered professional nurse
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
• Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
The Clinical Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.