All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Night
30 day contract – available for at least 4 shifts
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
· Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
· Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
· Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
o Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree.
o Active Florida RN license required.
o Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
o Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), chemotherapy certification, NIHSS, 12 lead EKG experience may be required on some units and can be obtained post hire.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23019130
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 401 PALMETTO ST
Pay Range: $55 - $55
Location: New Smyrna, FL
Job ID: 23019130
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night