AdventHealth Senior Nurse Manager Outpatient Chemo Infusion Full Time in New Smyrna, Florida
Senior Nurse Manager Outpatient Chemo Infusion
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
- Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Participates in organizational policy formulation and decision-making utilizing clinical expertise as a guideline.Assures organizational clinical policies and procedures are reviewed and updated in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Maintains knowledge of current nursing practice and roles and functions of patient care team members.Assesses and evaluates the quality and outcomes of care delivered to assigned population.
- Maintains current knowledge of patient care delivery systems and innovations; is able to articulate various delivery systems and patient care models and the advantages/disadvantages of each. Determines when new delivery models are appropriate, envisions them, and implements as needed.
- Provides operational oversight for patient throughput and capacity. Assures night and clinical weekend operations are consistent with day time operations.
- Promotes system thinking as a value in the organization.Considers the impact of decisions on the entire healthcare organization.
- Builds loyalty and commitment throughout their service area(s).Is able to merge divergent ideas and viewpoints for the good of the organization.
- Acts as resource to Nurse Managers to support and achieve goals and accountabilities.
- Coordinates nursing care with other healthcare disciplines and assists in integrating services across the continuum of health care. Rounds with intention, engaging staff and leading out in maintaining an environment of safety.
- Assesses plans to address issues such as: culture, diversity, socioeconomic, demographic and environmental influences on health care and care delivery.
- Integrates Evidence Based Practice into daily operations and care of patients.
- Collaboratively demonstrates leadership skills through timely, appropriate decisions and organizational ability with appropriate priority setting.
- Provides collaborative leadership in providing consistent safety and service standards for the Patient Experience Model.
- Analyzes patient, physician, and employee satisfaction survey information and assists with the development of unit action plans.
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, employees, physicians and other department leaders.
- Maintains credibility when communicating adverse news, follows through on promises and concerns, and provides service recovery to dissatisfied customers.
- Accomplishes objectives through influence, celebrates successes and accomplishments, and communicate a shared vision for the organization.
- Practices shared-decision making to build collaborative relationships.
- Advocate for positive physician relationship.
What You Will Need:
·Minimum of5years of clinical experience
·Minimum of 3 years of nursing leadership experience
·Experience in clinical setting related to area(s) of specialty
·Current, valid State of Florida license as a registered professional nurse
The Senior Manager of Nursing provides leadership in collaboration with the Director of Nursing for nursing practice and care delivery in select clinical areas. This person assures evaluation of outcomes that promote high quality practice. Collaborates with all levels of nursing staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive and physician leaders and other stakeholders to ensure quality patient and family experience, patient advocacy and safety. The Senior Manager of Nursing contributes to the support and development of nursing staff and promotes a learning environment that is open, respectful, and encourages sharing of expertise. The Senior Manager of Nursing is knowledgeable of and adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, State Board of Nursing Practice Act, the American Organization of Nursing Executives (AONE) Competencies, and the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.