AdventHealth Director of Nursing Full Time Days Apopka South Skilled Nursing Facility in New York, New York
Director of Nursing Care Center Apopka South
3355 E Semoran Blvd, Apopka, FL 32703
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Apopka South
15k sign on Bonus and Relocation pay is available
Apopka South is a LTC Skilled Nursing Rehab Facility/Relocation is Available
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develop and maintain nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing procedure manuals, written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel, and a written organizational plan of the nursing service that delineates the functional structure of the nursing service and the lines of communication. This plan shall be made known to all members of the nursing staff and to appropriate personnel in other units of the nursing home.
- Recommend to the Administrator the number and levels of nursing personnel to be employed. Participate in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and recommend termination of employment when necessary. Complete nursing staff schedules as necessary.
- Ensure that the total nursing needs of residents are met by assigning a sufficient number of nursing personnel for each tour of duty.
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of written resident care policies, in coordination with the Adventist Care Centers (ACC) Standards Committee and the assigned Quality Management Specialist (QMS) and recommend changes in policy when indicated.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the nursing home administrator and coordinate nursing service with other resident care services.
- Be responsible for planning and/or conducting orientation and nursing staff development programs for all nursing personnel.
- Participate in the selection of prospective residents in terms of their nursing needs and the nursing competencies available.
- Ensure that an individualized plan of care has been developed for each resident and that it is reviewed and modified as necessary.
- Be accountable to the Administrator, with written delegation of responsibility for the provision, direction, and supervision of nursing care.
- Maintain a procedure to ensure that the licensed nursing personnel has a valid and current license.
- Be responsible for review of nursing personnel records and references.
- Conduct and ensure completion of nursing department staff orientation, training, and evaluations and follow-up on recommendations.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- 1-2 years in prior supervisory capacity required
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired required
- BS Nursing preferred
- 3 years of experience in a nursing management role for a long-term care facility preferred
- Prior Director of Nursing experience preferred
Responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Leadership
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.